The show "Boondocks" ??

Anyone ever see this? I wish flipping through the channels last night and this was on and WOW.. every other word out of their mouth was "Nigga".. but yet they censored the word "ass". I really don't understand how it is acceptable for this show to use this kind of language on TV but yet any other show cannot. Do you think it's because the people in this show who are using this word are black? This is not meant to start a debate. I would wonder why this word was allowed on TV period no matter what race the person is

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 8:43 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's ok for black people to talk like that. Didn't you know that? Anyone else does it and we're racists.

eye rolling

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:54 PM on May. 10, 2010

• It's a show so what?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:09 PM on May. 10, 2010

• i think its meant to shock people. the whole show is smart & political. it started out as a comic. the writer is genius. have u even watched other episodes? u should...then you would get a better understanding of what message it's trying to convey.
    Anonymous

• anon 9:28PM, I do somewhat agree with you, it does have a LOT of political messages in there, some I agree with, some I don't, and it is very smartly done. The shock factor does grab your attention.

op, I don't agree with the language either that much, but again, it is for shock value. Much as South Park the movie was. They are shows that are somewhat amusing, but they DEFINITELY have their own political messages in each show. They are NOT meant to be appropriate for children, strictly adult shows. But how many times have you watch a comedian and seen them swearing like crzy on tv. It's all done for shock value.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:41 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I agree that the show is meant to be a political cartoon. I think in a lot of ways it's satirizing the use of the word in the black community.

What time was it on? I've seen some pretty nasty language late at night on cable channels like Comedy Central and other channels playing movies. I think if it's past like 10:00 pm the censers get more relaxed about things.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:13 AM on May. 11, 2010

• beckcorc you are right.. after 10 certain words can be used on certain cable channels, after 1 I believe ALL swearing is permitted on cable, the rest is simply decided by the network. Some networks choose not to allow it AT ALL. some do.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:45 PM on May. 11, 2010