frustrated! 1 yr old not sleepin thru the night!

my son used to sleep thru the night til around 6 months when he started teething. well hes almost 13 months and still wakes at night. i can't do CIO in the middle of the night we live in an apt. but i hate getting up and rocking him or giving him some milk or water to put him back to bed...keeping him up later or feeding him right before bed doesn't make a difference :( like last night we kept him up til 8:45 and he woke up at 2am and then again at 6:45 FOR THE DAY! well he had a nap at 9am...but still UGH! please tell me im not alone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• THIS IS NORMAL. SOMETIMES THERE ROUTINE CHANGES. AND THEN HE WILL GO BACK TO NORMAL. MY DAUGHTER IS 2 AND SOMETIMES WILL STILL WAKE UP. THEY COULD BE MISSING YOU AND PLUS WHEN THEY ARE TEETHING THIS WILL LIKE I SAID, UP SET THERE ROUTINE, JUST KEEP DOING THE SAME ROUTINE WITH HIM THIS WILL GET BETTER FOR BOTH OF YOU!!!
    Anonymous

• You are not alone. My son is 2 1/2 and still wakes up at least once a night. It is usually 5 hours after he goes to sleep. I have watched the clock. It doesn't matter what time he goes to bed, he wakes up 5 hours later. We also can't have him cio because he shares a bedroom with his brother and sister. We usually just end up bringing him to our bed so that we can all sleep, which I am sure isn't fixing the problem. I just pray that one day he will sleep all night.
    Anonymous

• My 2nd child was a "good" sleeper until that age, then was a "bad" sleeper for a few months. It happens whether you co-sleep (we did) or not.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:12 PM on May. 10, 2010

• My second child is 21 years old and still has not slept through the night. When she was a baby she needed to be rocked at least an hour in the middle of the night. We use to find her in the middle of the night at age 4 watching CNN because she was awake and there was nothing else on tv. Even if she just gets up to use the bathroom, she wakes every night. To this day I tell her if she were our first baby she would have been our last.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 10:23 PM on May. 10, 2010

• There are things you can do to help teach him to fall asleep on his own (I LOVE the no-cry sleep solution), but there is still a good chance that he will continue waking up at night - at least for awhile longer. The difference is - he'll know how to soothe himself back to sleep. . . .or if he's like my son (16 months), you can feed him then lay him down to fall asleep on his own.
    You mentioned that you had tried keeping him up later - - have you tried putting him to bed earlier? It sounds odd, but typically kids who are asleep earlier (7-7:30pm) sleep longer and better than those who stay up late. They also nap better during the day.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 3:17 AM on May. 11, 2010

• you aren't alone.. my DD is 21 months and STILL wakes up every night.. just to say hi, make sure everyone is home, and then she goes back to sleep.. lol.. She is a big stickler for perfect attendance i guess.
    gfargas

Answer by gfargas at 6:26 AM on May. 11, 2010

• my son is 2-1/2 and stopped sleeping through the night 6 months ago.. he didn't START sleeping through the night til he was 9 months old in the first place.. I feel your pain mommy.. you are not alone.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:48 AM on May. 11, 2010

• your not alone! my son just turned 1 and hes never slept through the night! AND he co sleeps! The only way i can get him to go back to sleep is to give him some milk, its very frustrating and im hoping it changes soon!!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 3:45 PM on May. 11, 2010