WHY DOES'NT MY 14 MONTH OLD WALK YET?

SHE WALKS ONLY HOLDING ON TO FURNITURE, SEATS SINCE 5 MONTHS OLD AND HAS VERY STRONG LEGS BUT DOES NOT SHOW ANY INTEREST IN WALKING YET

guess0301

Asked by guess0301 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter started walking at 13 months my son started at 10 months ever baby is different. Ask your doctor.
    Jolenemom2

Answer by Jolenemom2 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Don't worry. If she has no physical problems keeping her from walking, she will do it when she is ready. My son started crawling at 4 months but didn't start walking until 15 months. He just flat out refused. All kids are different and do things when they are ready.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Give her time, I would start to worry at about 18 months. Both my boys didnt walk until they were 15, almost 16 months.
    mommy05300706

Answer by mommy05300706 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• She is fine, My son did not start walking until he was 15 months old. If they are not walking at the end of thier 16th month talk to their doctor about it. But even then it is not a big deal. They say they can start walking up to 19 months old. So as long as you see her standing how she should be and taking steps ( even while holding onto things) like she should be ( as in using both legs and not walking "funny" or funnier than normal she is fine.

libbykate

Answer by libbykate at 3:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• And I have never heard of a baby starting to cruise at 5 months old, that is like rediculously early. So maybe she has been doing it so long she is just used to it.
    Also make sure that you have places where she can take steps, maybe even take out something she would normally hold on to in order to get to something she likes.
    She may get back down and crawl but she just might try to walk there too. My son crawled really late, I mean late. I did not realize it was because he was so tall if she wanted to reach something he could just do half of a roll across the floor to get there. Once I took the coffee table out of the room and started to spread his toys out he started crawling that week.
    libbykate

libbykate

Answer by libbykate at 3:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Why did that show up twice? Anyway sorry about that.
    libbykate

• GIVE IT TIME...MY BABY STARTED AT 15 MONTHS.
    IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT.
    SHES SOOO ADORABLE MY BABY GIRL.
    JUST GIVE IT SOME TIME.
    BABIES ARE REAL. :]
    Youtubemother

Answer by Youtubemother at 3:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2008