Baby fell off bed, wont stop crying, help?

My 7month old son just fell 3 feet off of the bed and landed on his stomach. He has been crying & screaming for about a half hour now with no way of calming him down at all. My husband & his grandmother both insist he is fine & wont let me take him to the ER which is what I think we should do. The reason he is going along with this is because his grandmother is a nurse & she constantly tells us what we can & cannot do when it comes to his health. Because she is the say-so in the house I can only turn to you guys - is there a reason I should want to take him to the ER or is she right, he's just startled?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• take that poor baby to the er!!!!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:51 PM on May. 10, 2010

• a half an hour is a long time to still just be startled... I would take him in just to be safe
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 9:52 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Unless she has x-ray/ultrasound eyes she cannot assess that he is okay especially if he is still crying. If he is inconsolable I would take him to be sure he is okay!
    Daynaof3

Answer by Daynaof3 at 9:52 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I say youre his mother, if you want to take him to the ER, go ahead. Its better to be safe than sorry. Chances are that he's fine but that is quite a tumble and I would probably get him checked out.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:53 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I think you should IMMEDIATELY take him, screw what the hell they say. better safe than sorry. Please, please take him in. Trust your mommy instincts. I pray it's nothing. Better safe than sorry. It happens to us all but be warned that the effects of falls can be delayed and I would have for a tragedy to happen....please take him in asap it wont hurt anything
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 9:53 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I would say take him. I think that is too long to just be startled. You take him and nothing is wrong, they can say "I told you so" I'd rather that outcome then they be wrong.
    Anonymous

• OP: Should I call an ambulance than? Do they cost money outside of insurance? Like I said, she is the say-so but I am still worried. She wont let us physically take him anywhere or else I would have already.
    Anonymous

• First, it's likely he is just fine. But the tension from your panic and everyone else is gonna keep the crying going. If you feel better, then take him to the ER. Better to be safe then sorry.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:00 PM on May. 10, 2010

• take him....he may have broken, sprained or fractured something....and even if he hasn't....its always better to be safe then sorry
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 10:03 PM on May. 10, 2010

• YES CALL THE DAMN AMBULANCE ALREADY!!!!
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 10:05 PM on May. 10, 2010