measuring small

I am measuring 2 weeks behind28 weeks pregnany measuring at 26 weeks. Ugh.. Is that normal.. could it be that my baby is just small.. I measured small with my son but not until i was 39 weeks and measuring at 37. It didnt worry me then becuz I was so close to having the baby.

Anyone else going throught hrough?

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 9:54 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I measured small with my daughter and she was fine. She came out 7lb 4oz. I wouldn't worry too much.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 9:55 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Those measurements aren't completely accurate. They're based on averages, and since it's an average, that means someone's gotta be on the high end and someone's got to be on the low end to get the number in the middle. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Anonymous

• Anon is correct. Measuring a baby during an ultrasound isn't 100% accurate. Mine measured large and came out almost 2 lbs smaller that they anticipated.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:55 PM on May. 10, 2010

• With this last pregnancy i measured 2 weeks behind from the 20th week until delivery. My baby is almost 3 weeks old now and weighed 8 pounds at birth.....he was the baby who weighed the most out of my 4 boys. I always measured at least one week behind in all my pregnancies..it wasnt a big deal.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes the baby is in a funny position and the measurement is totally wrong. I got measured 4 weeks small then my midwife rubbed my belly and my baby moved and I measured 2 weeks ahead!

The important thing is that your baby keeps growing and you keep healthy. Change over time is way more important than measurements at a single visit.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:25 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Thankyou guys so much, Made me feel much better
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 10:15 AM on May. 11, 2010