HELP I have an ulcer and am in pain???

Hi ladies, I have a ? about ulcers? I have a gastric/peptic ulcer and it really hurts. The pain gets so bad sometimes I have a hard time breathing and the pain radiates to my back and its just the worst. Anyways my dr put me on a med to try and help it but so far its not working. If you have an ulcer or know someone who does what is your diet like? I want to try different things to relieve the pain by switchin up my diet or maybe trying some kind of other more natural ways to relieve the pain???HELP..btw if the pain does not get any better in like a week or gets worse before then I am going to call my doctor again so this is just to see what others do.

MamasGirls4ever

Asked by MamasGirls4ever at 10:01 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Health

• I know that cabbage juice or the water from boiled cabbage is supposed to help tremendously and has been known to heal ulcers quickly. Also, drinking a lot of water is supposed to help. Aloe vera juice, though I'm not sure where to find it, is supposed to help a lot with pain and healing too. Lastly, try to avoid fried foods, tea, salt, chocolate strong spices, coffee and carbonated beverages. My mom said that when she had one that eating bland crackers, bread, or bananas made her feel better. I'm not a doctor though, and don't know if any of these things I've heard of will work, and I recommend going back to the Dr.if you don't feel better. Best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:14 PM on May. 10, 2010

• My hubby had one (a generic of prilosec is what really helped him).

At the time he had it, he altered his diet to have no tomatoes, or citrus; which are obviously highly acidic. For some reason staying away from bananas helped him too.

Hope you feel better soon.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:15 PM on May. 10, 2010

• lol some people have said bananas help and some say they dont. I guess its just individual. My dr put me on prilosec and i thought it was helping but the past few days the pain is getting bad again. i cut out red meat and have tried to stay away from pepsi but its my weakness. I guess I should try harder. I try to drink alot of water during the day too. I dont know how its so bad my diet is usually pretty bland as it is but I am going to go back to the dr next week as I said if things dont start to get better.
    MamasGirls4ever

Answer by MamasGirls4ever at 10:26 PM on May. 10, 2010