breast milk storage

I have been storing breast milk in the fridge. But I'm trying to get some up to start storing in the freezer. So i was wonder if i can move so of the extra milk that i got in the fridge to the freezer? Or does it have to be frozen in a certain amount on days or time??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used to get breast milk storage bags and freeze those. They can be used in the freezer or fridge, and to thaw the milk you just fill a bowl or the sink with hot water and let it melt! I think it is lansino or something like that brand. The box also has a chart on it as for how long it can be stored, etc.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:55 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Breastmilk is good in the fridge for up to 8 days. Read the info on the bm storage bags. You can freeze the milk after it's been in the fridge but it's best to get it in the freezer within 24 hours. FWIW my daughter will not take milk that's been in the fridge for more than 72 hours. However, my son took milk that had been in there for 5 days. Google milk storage on kellymom for more info.
    Mom_to_Skyler

Answer by Mom_to_Skyler at 10:52 PM on May. 10, 2010

• what she said ^^^^^
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:46 PM on May. 10, 2010

• breast milk is only good in the fridge for 3 days, the refrigerator's freezer for 3 months and a deep freeze for 6 months
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 10:07 PM on May. 10, 2010