OMG say it isn't true! I thought the Muslim religion was about peace. if a Muslim child doesn't wear a head scarf do they really face the possibility of being killed?!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• no and where on earth did u hear that?
    its after puberty that the girl should start wearing the scarf........u get punished for not wearing a scarf after that as u are going against religion.....BUT u definately do not killed...islamically
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 10:20 PM on May. 10, 2010

• As far as I knew, the child had the choice to wear it... from what I have heard from the mama's on here...
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 10:19 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I hate to say it but it is not a peaceful religion. Have you ever heard of suicide bombers? They do it the name of their muslim religion think about that.
    Anonymous

• I heard it from another mom who is not muslim.

What type of punishment do you face? What if a child reaches puberty and then decides not to wear it? Does a girl who has reached puberty have the choice to be muslim?
    Anonymous

• The person you are quoting OP never said children in general she said people. I don't agree with her but at least quote it right.
    Anonymous

• You probably read about women here in America that choose to wear the scarves. Here we have religious freedom... other places in the world, they do not. Young girls are married off upon "becoming a woman" and are forced to wear them. They have no other options. There are many women and girls in this world that are afraid for their lives DAILY- of all faiths. We do not realize how good we have it here- even when we have it rough, it often pales in comparison to what it could be.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:27 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Fay101, those are called "extremists". They don't follow the actual teachings because, sadly, they are so uneducated that they rely on others (religious leaders) to be read and given THEIR interpretations of the Koran. And unfortunately, those people in charge twist the words to mean what they want it to mean. And unfortunately, those people can't read it for themselves and know the truth of what that text says and really means.

Anonymous

• Referring to my post want proof here you go.

While some women wholeheartedly embrace the rules, others protest by observing the rules in slipshod or inconsistent fashion, or flouting them whenever possible. Sudan's criminal code allows the flogging or fining of anyone who “violates public morality or wears indecent clothing”, albeit without defining "indecent clothing",

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijab#Governmental_enforcement_and_bans

flogging
    - 5 dictionary results
    flog
       /flɒg, flɔg/ Show Spelled[flog, flawg] Show IPA
    –verb (used with object), flogged, flog·ging.
    1.
    to beat with a whip, stick, etc., esp. as punishment; whip; scourge.
    2.
    Slang .
    a.
    to sell, esp. aggressively or vigorously.
    b.
    to promote; publicize.

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:34 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Just like if a muslim woman goes outside and shows off any skin, even a bare hand she has a chance of being killed. (only in certain countries)
    Anonymous

• The person you are quoting OP never said children in general she said people. I don't agree with her but at least quote it right We were talking about kids in school. BUT I did ask about post puberty as well just to be fair.

Answered at 10:25 PM on May. 10, 2010 by: Anonymous I heard it from another mom who is not muslim. What type of punishment do you face? What if a child reaches puberty and then decides not to wear it? Does a girl who has reached puberty have the choice to be muslim?

Anonymous