Is there any way to help this until delivery???

Okay, the past week or so since the baby dropped it's been getting harder and harder to walk around. His head feels SOOO far down that it's not pushing on my hips or pelvis, but on my actual lady parts. Like, it feels like if I squatted down he would fall out onto the floor. It's so much pressure! Directly on my most delicate regions. lol. Is there any way to make this bearable until I deliver? I'm 37 weeks now so even though it could be "any time" we all know well and good it could also be another month!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• About the only thing that helped me was to stay off my feet as much as I could and lay on my side to relieve the pressure. I always felt like I could squat and have her by that stage.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:52 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Do you have one of those exercise balls? I hear sitting on those help.
    Anonymous

• they do sell these bands that can strap around you and help support your back but I don't think that would do any good for the internal discomfort..I always carried high but a friend of mine carried like that and she said it felt like her bottom was about to drop out all the time. I think the exercise ball is a good idea for discomfort but as for alleviating it while you're up and about I don't really know what you could do. Maybe look into some prenatal yoga positions? I used a lot of that for my back and hip pain.
    19kwife

Answer by 19kwife at 11:09 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Get the support belt. It really feels better.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:22 PM on May. 10, 2010

• A warm bath at night or any kind of gentle water activies helps take the weight off the pelvis. Get lots of rest and drink drink drink lots of plain water!
    Jade812

Answer by Jade812 at 8:30 AM on May. 11, 2010