get back in your bed!!

ahhhh
So my daughter will be 2 on Thursday, Every night when she sleeps in her crib ( seaprete room sometimes not) She wakes up crying cause she wantsto sleep with me and my husband. She goes right back to bed when she lays down with us., but if I dont go get her she screams her head off. I live with my mom and sisters soo .. I dont want to wake them so I have to get her to sleep with us cause it makes her stop crying. It just frustrating cause We dont have a big bed and hoggs it. And sometimes I just want to sleep next to my husband. Anyone else have this problem?? and how can I fix it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you will either have to make her understand that you will not give in and let her sleep with you or give up your bed. If you choose to make her sleep in her own bed, it will only take a couple nights before she learns that you won't give in. most of this is just checking to see if mom will be there if she really needs you, the other part of it is that she knows that you will give in. I would prep your mom and sister that this is what you are going to do...I'm sure that your mom will understand since she's probably been there before.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:08 PM on May. 10, 2010

• SHE MIGHT JUST BE MISSING YOU. BUT YOU HAVE TO BRING HER BACK TO HER CRIB. I KNOW YOU LIVE WITH OTHER PEOPLE SO THAT IS HARD. THAT IS WHAT I DO WITH MY DAUGHTER. I PICK HER UP AND CUDDLE HER FOR A FEW MINUTES AND THEN I PUT HER BACK. MY DAUGHTER IS 2 1/2. THE ONLY TIME SHE IS IN BED WITH ME IS WHEN SHE IS SICK, SHE DOES NOT LIKE MY BED. WHICH I AM LUCKY THAT WAY. TRY TO KEEP TO THE SAME ROUTINE.
    Anonymous

• haha this is funny cuz my son will be 2 on thursday of next week and he does the same thing! he wakes up everynight before 12 usually to get in my bed lol. we have just given up bc who wants to deal with a screaming toddler at 2 am lol if we put him back he just wakes up and does it again in an hour
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:15 PM on May. 10, 2010

• haha.. yeah thats exactly what she does like at 2 or 3 am cry and cry.. except she doesnt cry she screams haha really high pitched makes my ears go numb. haha.. I have tryed putting her back in the crib.. same thing an hour later my ears gonumb again. So I tred putting a stuffed bear next to her so she thinks its me... Doesn't work shes too wise.
    Anonymous

• She's got you trained pretty well doesn't she, LOL
    Anonymous

• No kidding... kids are smart.
    Anonymous

• A good ass whoopin' works for my kids when they pull that shit. Being sixk or scared is an exception.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I would talk to your mom and sister and tell them that you are going to stop allowing her to come to bed with you so there might be crying for the first few nights.
    And then when she wakes up at night I would ignore her crys and see if she puts her self back to sleep. I would wait at least 10 mins. If she carrys on then go in tell her to lay down and go back to sleep. Don't pick her up, it makes it worse. And then leave again. Then wait 15 mins and see if she will go back to sleep. If she is just fussy leave her alone... if she is still screaming at 15 mins go in again and lay her down and tell her it's bed time and go to sleep. Then wait 20 mins.
    You need to be firm and remember the first night is the worst... but if you give in you have to start all over.
    We did this with my son and it only took 3 nights before he went to sleep and stayed asleep.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:28 PM on May. 11, 2010