Does teething cause...

Excessive sleeping? DDs left bottom tooth is poking out of her gums a little and she's been sleeping almost all day and sleeps from 7:30pm to 6-7am the past few days. Just want to make sure she's okay and this is a side effect of teething. If not I think a trip to the doctor will be needed tomorrow. She does have a lowgrade fever and is really fussy today. Also, since the tooth is breaking threw, about how long should it take to come in completely? You can see the top of it breaking the gums and feel it.

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 11:19 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like my son when he teethes. Except he isnt cranky. And it takes like a month to come all the way thru.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:24 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I know extra sleeping is a common sign of a growth spurt, which can easily happen at the same time as teething.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:25 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I think the pain makes them tired. I had once a major dental work and slept 2 days afterwards.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 11:27 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I was wondering about the growth spurt but she went threw one 2 weeks ago and was sleeping alot & nursing like crazy. Nothing like how she is now though. She won't eat that much either. She turned 7 months today.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:27 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I AGREE WITH THE TWO MOMS. MY DAUGHTER WILL SLEEP LONGER AND SHE IS CUTTING TEETH 2 YR MOLARS. THIS IS NOT FUN AT ALL. I GIVE MY DAUGHTER HYLAND'S TEETHING TABLETS . I GET THEM AT WAL-MART.THEY HELP
    Anonymous

• My daughter had an episode like that. She had a mild fever and was super sleepy . . . a few weeks later, her first tooth popped out.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:34 PM on May. 10, 2010

• IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER TAKE HER TO THE DOCTOR.
    Anonymous

• I just wanted to make sure she wasn't coming down with something. She's been teething awhile but today I noticed the top of the tooth was almost all the way broken threw her gums.

Thank you ladies!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:39 PM on May. 10, 2010