My OB screwed up my life

She broke my water at 4 cm and my contractions became very intense and then she didn't let me stand up from the bed because my BP was 150/90, so then I had to beg for an epidural because I was laying on my back and it hurt like HELL, and then the epidural made my contractions to stop, so she gave me pitocin. But I got too much pitocin cause all of a sudden I needed more epidural and this thing went on and on for over 24 hours and when I got to 10 cm I couldn't feel the contractions, so they coached me into how to push and I pushed for 3 hours on my back and the baby wouldn't come out, so she cut me a 4th degree episiotomy and extracted the baby with a vacuum. I took 6 weeks to heal (couldn't walk or properly sit). Now, 6 months later she tells me that I have extensive damage from the cut and I will be incontinent for the rest of my life (shit myself) and the baby's had is still not evened out from the vacuum (continued)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• and is now considered a problem by the pediatrician and I have to take him for x-rays. I also couldn't breastfeed because of the various medications I was on (vicodin etc) and the pain I was having. I was a perfectly healthy pregnant woman with no complications whatsoever during pregnancy. How did everything go wrong?
    Anonymous

• Call a personal injury attorney in your area.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:51 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Wow...at first she sounded like she did some of the right things to me, but the tear, etc doesn't sound right. Can you get a second opinion and can they do any surgery for the incontinence? I'd get a second opinion on this situation. I'm so sorry this turned out badly. Having babies is a dicey business. Was this your first? : (
    Anonymous

• I feel for you. I just had a baby with emergency c-section (prolapsed cord) and my OB couldn't wait for the anesthesia to kick in and he cut me while I felt everything. I screamed so hard that I lost my voice for 2 days.
    Anonymous

• You are forgetting that you allowed her to do all those things.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:54 PM on May. 10, 2010

• yes, it was my first, he turned out to be 9 lb, but i'm a big woman too.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon and legalmommy. I'd get a 2nd opinion and see if the other doctor thinks what she did was wrong or a mistake. If so, you need to contact a lawyer. I pushed for 3 hours and had a 1st degree tear, but to cut you THAT much sounds insance.
    Anonymous

• OMG. I also agree with calling an attorney. I am sorry hon.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 11:55 PM on May. 10, 2010

• allowed? you are kidding right? i was clueless as to what is going on around me
    Anonymous

WHHHHATTT! I didn't know they were even allowed to do that!
    Anonymous