for the single moms

i as of mother's day have become a single mother. i have an almost 7 month old son. i left my so who is his father because he takes me for granted and doesn't appreciate everything i do for him. anyway i am going to get a job because i was a sahm. but i keep wondering if i can do it on my own. so i wanted to know how you single mommies make it? do you ever feel like it'd be easier with someone? any advice or opinions would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• is there anyway you two can go to counseling? it sounds like a problem that you might be able to work out
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 1:17 AM on May. 11, 2010

• it is easier with someone, as long as that someone helps you out.

i am not a single mom. however, my mom was. She was a single mother of 4 kids and SHE did it. raised 4 kids on her own without the help of temporary boyfriends. we're all adults now. not a one of us have been to jail. not a one of us have a drug addiction, and all 4 of us have at least some college. ...that beats statistics. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:03 AM on May. 11, 2010

• MY MOM WAS A SINGLE MOM, WE WERE BABIES 1 & 2 YEARS OLD. WE DID LIVE WITH MY GRANDMOTHER AT THE TIME. WE ARE KNOW ADULTS AND NEVER GOT INTO AND KIND OF TROUBLE SO I DO AGREE WITH YOU OUTSTANDINGLOVE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on May. 11, 2010

• i was a single mom my daughter's whole life... the few boyfriends i had here and there really didn't count for much. you can do it. i didn't stay home, but i didn't have that option, nor would i have chosen that at the time. i worked my way up from a temp admin assistant to a pretty high position, over tripling my salary in 9 years. i made lots of mistakes, but my daughter turned out great (barring the typical teenager stuff). her father was not involved emotionally or financially - long story. what helped me stay sane and strong was my overwhelming sense of responsibility to my child - i was all she had, plus i had suffered some serious trauma her first year (another long story). along with that i happened to find the most wonderful friends in the world, including one other single mom in particular who helped me co-parent and vice versa. you don't have to be alone but you don't need a man. if you are strong, your child will b
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:10 AM on May. 11, 2010

• ive been a single mom since day 1..my daughter just turned 6 last week. ya it can be tough, but, ya do what ya gotta do..and thats all there is to it. im very lucky to have my parents help out tho,my mom babysits, so that i am able to go to work, without them, i would be screwed!!! i dont know if i feel that it would be easier with someone...but i do know it would be nice to have someone here with me just to have someone to lean on, ya know? someone other than my parents. someone that can give me a hug and tell me everything is gonna be ok..(my family is not affectionate in that way) but i dont, and i never have. in a way its nice to be the only parent, because i get to make ALLLLLLL the decisions, and not have to run it past anyone. but then on the other hand, i have to make alllllll the decisions, easy and hard!! and sometimes its tough..but..like i said, ya do what ya gotta do!! and so far my daughters turned out great!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:17 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Well, first of all, if you need some sort of government assistance, get it, until you can get on your feet again. Don't listen to the PA bashers on cafemom. You are the mother of an infant.

Do you have any job-related skills? If so, try looking for a job that matches your skills. If not, consider going back to school. Perhaps a relative can watch your darling baby so you can go to classes.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I have been single and sometimes feel single now you can do it. I would mostly think of making and setting some goals and making a schedule. It also helps to make some time for yourself even for an hour a day. GL I think you will make it!

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:27 AM on May. 11, 2010