Overdue and frustrated!

More then anything right now, I guess i need someone to calm me down. I know my dh is tired of hearing all of this.

I was due May 6th, and for awhile, I thought my baby would come may 13th because of what an ultra said about 2 weeks ago. I've been having more contractions, but just not enough, muscus plug came out, and it keeps seeming like he'll come. Now that he isnt', I feel frustrated, and worried, the doctor said the longer I wait, the more likely he is to die randomly, and I also know he could get really big. Right now he is about 7 pounds. I'm scheduled to be enduced this sunday, but I can't help but worry about him and myself being able to make it and be health by sunday. I'll be in thrusday for a non stress test as well.

Cafe mom's, please help me stop over worrying!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the ladies in this group can really help you with your worries, no one dies randomly and the "baby poop" is a myth, it's caused by stressors on the baby (like pitocin) and less likely by overdue moms.
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/50251
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:36 AM on May. 11, 2010

• 7 pounds? Pfft, mine was 10 and a half at 40 weeks plus 9 days. The nurse said that the placenta looked like it could have done the job for another month.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:23 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Well first of all you are only three days overdue and I guess this is t=your first, cause the first is almost always overdue. I was five days overdue and my daughter was fine weight was almost 8 lbs, so here is what I would suggest walking, having sex with hubby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on May. 11, 2010

• @crisitina-did you tear? I guess i just worry that i'll tear really bad. My sister in law did.

@anoy 12:23 am- I've been doing that..i know they come over due..i really do, i just worry that he'll randomly die, or choke on his poop (like my doc was talking about.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on May. 11, 2010

• You know you dont have to be so damn rude I was just letting you know that some babies are overdue
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on May. 11, 2010

• No, I didn't tear at all, but that's because I was on my side and I didn't push at all, just let the baby come out on it's own and the midwife was applying lots of warm compresses. I did tear badly with my first, which was a hospital birth (induced at 40 +4), smaller baby(8.14) but pushed on my back.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:34 AM on May. 11, 2010

• @anoy @ 12:32am-i'm sorry, i wasn't trying to come off rude. I'm sorry. I was just reexpressing my concern. I"m sorry if i hurt your feelings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on May. 11, 2010

• @ cristna-thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on May. 11, 2010