Am I the only one who seriously just does not give a flying...

fu*k if you're on food stamps or not. If you're on welfare, public assistance, disability or WHATEVER. Or what you buy with it. I truly do not care. No, I'm not on any of those things. I just only tend to worry about my own expenses. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• I am with you...I really try to mind my own business
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:31 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I don't care either. You have to have a seriously low income to even qualify for such things. If you need help then get it.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:33 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I'm with you! It's not my business!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:33 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I don't PERSONALLY care who individually gets any kind of assistance but I do care about the quality of programs and if people are abusing it.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:34 AM on May. 11, 2010

I don't care about that either! WTF am I supposed to do about that?!? Waste of energy and effort if ya ask me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Ok, while I do agree that it isn't any of my business, and for people who need it, that is what it is there for. I DO mind that people take advantage of it, and you should care that your taxes are paying for these programs and people are taking advantage.

By all means, it is there for people who need help, not for people to be on it for life.
    Anonymous

• "I don't care about that either! WTF am I supposed to do about that?!? Waste of energy and effort if ya ask me. "

And just imagine if everyone had that same attitude, where would we be? If you vote and you pay taxes, you should care about where your money is going and how it's helping other people or not helping them.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:38 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Ok...and if you could tell me what I'm supposed to single handily do about that...I might start caring. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I do vote, and I do pay my taxes. But where will caring, and getting upset by it like some of these women do get me? High blood pressure? lol I'm not going to focus my energy on something I can't change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Town/City meetings, PTA meetings/writing your elected officials. Plenty of things you can do on a small scale to help make things right. The first step is getting in the "know". You need to know the budget and where that money is going. Federal budget cuts= state budget cuts= county and city cuts which trickles down to schools and other things. It's important to know where that money is going. You can't just sit back and say you don't care but then they cut the music and gym programs in your schools or the free lunch and you all of the sudden become enraged. Money doesn't grow on trees, and you are an important person helping your community.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:45 AM on May. 11, 2010