When did you wean your baby from breastfeeding and how hard was it?

jessicadestiney

Asked by jessicadestiney at 7:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I breastfed my son until he didn't want to anymore, which was right before his 1st birthday. I was disappointed that he no longer showed interest, but he loved to eat solid foods.. so the transition was pretty easy for us. We started him on baby food at 3 months and by the time he was weaned he was eating full meals!
    Home_Interiors

Answer by Home_Interiors at 7:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I'm allowing my daughter to self wean. It's the only thing I can give her that contains stem cells, antibodies, etc. Plus she is a human, not a calf... lol
    NoUdderMilk

Answer by NoUdderMilk at 8:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

NoUdderMilk

• My DD self weaned @ 13 months. It was a piece of cake!
    Capmomma

Answer by Capmomma at 8:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My oldest two were 12 months and my youngest was 14 months. I did not have any problems at all. I just took out a feeding every few days.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Mine self weaned at 12 months
    LovingLife226

Answer by LovingLife226 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Mine has been slowly self weaning for a few months now. He's almost 20 months. We're down to one feeding a day and we even skip that sometimes. My personal experience thus far has been that self weaning is pretty easy. You just have to make sure you have the patience to hang in there if you want to quit sooner and your LO doesn't!! LOL
    BabyDsmommy

Answer by BabyDsmommy at 11:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Wow, you all are super women! I went seven months with my daughter and at that point she wasn't really interested in the food aspect. It was more about comfort for her. I started with taking out her "lunch" and replacing with formula/ baby food. It was fairly easy. After about a montha and a half, I got her up one morning nursed her, and that was the last time!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2008