Overcoming Fear

I'm a SAHM and I rockclimb in my free time. I've recently developed a fear of falling while I'm leading a climb. Its completely irrational, yet I can't talk myself through it. I need advice for overcoming fear. Logically I know its nothing to be afraid of, maybe its the fear of losing control... IDK, has anyone had a fear and worked through it? How did you do it? Any tips or advice?

muensters_ma

Asked by muensters_ma at 1:29 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Self talk, breathe deep and just set aside the feelings and walk through the fear
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I have a huge fear of heights. I went para sailing in Mexico,,,and it scared me to death,,,ever since then I have had a fear of heights. Even freeway over passes,,,,,,I have my kids in the car and I am white knuckling the steering wheel during the whole drive over the pass....as Im looking at all the cars below us on the freeway. I even freaked out at a carnival with the ferris wheel ride that went up and over,,,lol,,,my kids sat ahead of me and laughed at me white knuckling the bar is front of me. I have never been treated for this, but I know exactly how you feel when you are going through this. You might want to seek out counseling for this,,,cause it really is so horrible to live with,,,good luck hon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on May. 11, 2010