• In the Spotlight:

Just need some opinions: SO just started his career in welding, and just today got offered another job with higher pay, which one should he stick with?

My SO just started his new welding job today. But got offered another welding job with higher pay. But the thing is, the job he has now will offer him more experience since they do a variety of different types of welding. But this other job pays more, and he would only do one type of welding. I told him to take the higher pay, but he's not sure. What are your ladies opinions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• Where ever he is gonna be happiness is what job he needs to take, money doesn't make everything happier and easier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on May. 11, 2010

• what anon :39 said
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:47 AM on May. 11, 2010

• The experience he'll get in the 1st job will probably pay off more in the long run and he'll be less limited and thus more "hire-able" in the future. What is the difference in pay between the 2 jobs?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on May. 11, 2010

• if it's not a huge difference I'd stay with the job giving more experience. But if it's a big difference and it would significantly change your quality of life I'd take the job with higher pay.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 6:13 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I agree if it is not a huge difference in pay stick with the one that gives more experince. It will = more $ down the road! :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:24 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Another question to ask is, which one has better benefits - medical/dental insurance, vacation, etc.?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:03 PM on May. 11, 2010