why are my periods late??

i had my baby 9 months ago,my periods resumed 4th march,for 5 days,and again in early april for about 4 days,but now its may the 10th,and ...nothing.the last time i had sex was before my april periods,way before,and it wasnt unprotected.why are my periods late now?its impossible that im pregnant.could my circle just be jacked up?9 months after childbirth?

2ndtimemom605

Asked by 2ndtimemom605 at 3:41 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Health

• Your body had a baby 9 months ago and it takes a while for bodys to get back to the swing of things. That is including your periiod. I went with having my period on time for 5 months then i went a year without one and there was no way that I was preggo It's just a womens body getting back in the swing of things i would still take a preggo test just in case and call your doctors office and speak with her/him then enjoy not having a period it's normal but you want to cover all things before you sit back and have your mind at ease.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I had my son 3 years ago and my period was normal for a very long time. But a few moths ago I had the same problem as you which worried me at the time. But over time it went back to normal. I think it may have been stress related.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 6:28 AM on May. 11, 2010