My daughter is 3 and a half months old and she will not take a pacifier OR a bottle. Does anyone have any suggestions as i would really love to have my mother or husband feed her once in a while?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she is refusing to take a bottle...and you force her to take it...she'll end up only wanting the bottle....and she wont go back to the breast. You're momma now...get used to it lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I had to leave my DD with my mom alot for appointments & she wouldn't take a bottle. Have them offer a bottle with you not in the room. She will pick up on it eventually but will be less likely if you are around her. It took my DD a few weeks to get it and she never got nipple confusion.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 7:06 AM on May. 11, 2010

• It won't be long before she can sip from a cup....don't drive yourself crazy now!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:19 AM on May. 11, 2010

• My son will only take a bottle or bink if I am gone....like out of the house. So try that and see if she goes for it!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:00 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I definitely think you need to be OUT OF THE HOUSE. I've heard that this works better. Babies often refuse bottles from mom, or even when mom is around.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:07 PM on May. 11, 2010

• You may need to be gone for her to accept it. You can also feed a baby with a spoon or eyedropper. Also, some nipples taste really atrocious.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:17 PM on May. 11, 2010