Opponents are dropping legal challenges against AZ immigration Law. Coudn't they get enough voters to sign the petition?

The two proposed referendum drives challenging Arizona's new sweeping law targeting illegal immigration are being abandoned.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g0vyuddew-KMx1dneKvOqJpM8hOgD9FK7J8G0

70% of Arizona agrees with the bill. Do you think they realized their petitions were a worthless endeavor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Apparently,some thought it is illegal.NOT think again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Whoo-hoo!! Finally- the majority voice is being heard!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it was rather difficult to find enough REGISTERED VOTERS in the state of AZ to sign these petitions.  The bill is not racist.  The bill mimics Federal Law and is not unconstitutional.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:23 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Very well could be the reason. These groups in the state just can't garner the support they need. The people of AZ are scared to death for good reason. They have had enough and this is what they want. All the rallies and protests were mostly illegals themselves brought in by mostly unions and progressive groups trying to appear as if they had huge amounts of support. They don't and they won't.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:28 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Maybe some are starting to realize that there is not much left they can do to get the illegals out & scare them from coming back without a visa.

I mean, seriously....what else should they do? Is there actually a better way to help the illegals get out of here? I have mixed feelings about it. I thinkt he racial profiling will suck & many LEGAL mexicans will probably get harrassed. But, i also think that something needs to be done about the problem & this is taking a step in the right direction.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:29 AM on May. 11, 2010

• difficult to find enough REGISTERED VOTERS in the state of AZ to sign these petitions. --

i second that emotion. lol!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:31 AM on May. 11, 2010

• difficult to find enough REGISTERED VOTERS in the state of AZ to sign these petitions. -- i second that emotion. lol!

LOL, I third it!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I just bet other states like CA, NM and TX are keeping a close eye on AZ on how it all panning out. It's long overdue.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on May. 11, 2010

I fourth it!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:06 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I am not so sure anon on California.I think the majority favor illegal immigration that state is a lost cause.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on May. 11, 2010