Ok so this is the thing we have a big huge tree to come down in the backyard if it doesn't it may fall on someones house and this tree is really big it would kill someone if they are in the house. Everytime it lightnings it gets strck. We told the neighbor that we are going to be taking it down next month. We are having someone do it for us. The thing is

She has a pool 4 or 5 feet one of those blow up ones. We asked her when she was putting the pool up? She said this Saturday so I then told her that we are going to be having someone cut down the tree next month and she said fine as long as it doesn't do damage to the pool she said she wasn't waiting a whole month to put it up (it has only been in the 40-50 heres with very fews 80s) she said she told my DH 3 months ago she was putting it up the beginning of May. Which she didn't say she was she said maybe and DH told her to give us at least a 2 week notice so we can do this tree she didn't. The guy said the tree is so big that it is going into her tree so he will have 2 do a little in her yard and the rest in our yard. She said she didn't care BUT WE BETTER NOT DO DAMAGE TO HER PULL (she rents) (we own) what can or should we do about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It will be fine. If she rents any damage done will be discussed with her landlord and your insurance company plus the tree dude should be bonded. Don't worry about it if he's a professional. Her little blow up pool can be easily replaced however, the insurance co will argue that she knew it was going to be done and she put it up anyway so she'll be held responsible for putting it there knowing of the danger. I wouldn't sweat it. Renters don't have all the rights that a home owner has so you are fine. Just make sure your homeowner's insurance is paid up to date and let them handle it with the landlord if something happens. Do it formally and legally. Don't give her any money. Just turn it in to the insurance folks.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:02 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Can you offer to take down and re set up the pool for her?? I mean does she want a tree to fall down? We have a tree that needs to be cut down here as well, how much are they charging for it? I got a couple of estimates and they wanted $500! I don't have any idea how they would not be able to damage her pool,,, limbs,,and stuff will probably puncture it. Neighbors can be so difficult! If she as a lick of common sense try to talk to her,, if not try and talk to the landlord,,,I bet he doesn't want a tree falling on his house! Good luck momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:05 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I agree with admckenzie. I think she is probably spot on. If it were me however, I would call the owner of the house just to give them a "heads up" about the situation and to let them know you are taking care of the tree before it damages yours, or their property. Throw into the conversation about the renters pool and tell him that she knew about the tree removal before she put the pool there. I would say something like, "I just wanted to make sure every one knew and understands why we are talking down the tree." Be nice as you can to the home owner so they think you are just being responsible about notifying them.

Document all your converstaions, and take before and after pictures (even if there is no damage done after the tree comes down)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:11 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I would call the land owner and tell him he needs to take any precautions to ready his house and yard. Tell him you have warned his tenant and that she is refusing to remove her pool and ask if he can help encourage her. She is just being rude and unhappy about it, so I would feel no remorse going over her head and contacting the landlord.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:15 AM on May. 11, 2010

• oh ya op here she said to that if there is any damage she will take it to home owners
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on May. 11, 2010

• kimigogo
    no...we told here about doing it next month and told her that we didn't know if maybe she wanted to wait and she said she isn't waiting another month to set up the pool because she says the pool needs to be up so it can get warm. Well it is a huge tree that everywhere wants 1200 for it, but this guy that his grandma lives 2 houses up he talked to us he does this for a living and he said he knows us and so he said he will charge 500 if we want so we decided to go with him. He is achually doing a pin tree in our yard as long with a dead tree 2. The pine is 50 and the dead one is 180 he is chargeing us. This is a pretty big limb that is in her side of the yard. Yes we are going to be trying to contact the landlord, but all we know is his first name and we don't know his phone number
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I would drive around the neighborhood Today and look for Landscapers that can give you an estimate on a better price and take the tree down ASAP. Most landscapers remove trees also. You could probably have it done this week for less money. You do not have to use a Tree Company. They charge the most. Get the tree down ASAP for your safety and to prevent any neighbor problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on May. 11, 2010

• ANON 10:10 I dought I am going to get any less than 500 that is a pretty good deal for as big as this tree is. We have to wait until next month because his wife is having a baby this weekend then he is taking 6 weeks off work. I think that is why he is doing it for us because he wont have nothing to do, but we have to wait because he is going to be starting on another tree up the road since he told them he would do theirs first. Then he will come to do ours. Plus we don't really have that much so because he knows us he said he can do payments if we don't have the money. That is another reason we are going with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on May. 11, 2010

• "Yes we are going to be trying to contact the landlord, but all we know is his first name and we don't know his phone number"

Its different every where, but I can take the mail box number and look up any property in my county through the tax office records. I can see everything from bank loans, previous sales, square footage of the house, pictures, ect, ect, ect. It is all public record. If you can't find tax records online, you may be able to do that at the court house (or where ever tax records are kept in your city)
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:33 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I can see everything from bank loans, previous sales, square footage of the house, pictures, ect, ect, ect. It is all public record.

** LOL, I forgot to add.... the contact info of the property owner is also on there.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:36 AM on May. 11, 2010