What are your thoughts?

I've seen several news segments lately with people who either wrote a book or are preaching things like doing with what you have, remaking your life or similar things. It got me to thinking.

We hear that many of the jobs lost will not return, you had better learn to do something other than what you were doing and you should learn to live on and with less and so on.

I got to thinking about that and the more I thought about it the angrier I got. Should we have to accept what is being thrown at us and just work with what is left? Do you think the policies of this administration have forced this upon us and now it's our destiny?
Do you think things will get better and most jobs will come back or are you accepting the fact that we will have more unemployed, more on welfare and living off the government in general?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:09 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My opinion is that things will begin to turn around,for the better,if alot of seats are changed in the November elections.Also,IF Americans continue to hold those on the hill accountable and be sure that they know what WE want.I also think some things recently done need to be undone.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:14 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I'll add something else..folks imo should do their best to live within their means and if they want more then by all means work for it and get more.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:16 AM on May. 11, 2010

• its smart to have a planB and planC, in any economy, any administration. that's just life, dear. nothing is guaranteed. we have peaks, because we have valleys.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:20 AM on May. 11, 2010

• It's fine to live within your means until you have children and find that your means isn't enough to feed them, or buy diapers. Sure some would argue that if you can't afford kids then you shouldn't have them. Everyone wasn't always this broke.
    I'm tired of hearing people complain about the government taking their taxes and spending it on people that don't have money. Get over it. I'm sure you would rather that than have the people that are on Food Stamps starving. If you really hate it so much, get out and move to a 3rd world country. Then you can be rich and watch others starve.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Businesses need to adapt to a changing, society, demographics, economy, etc... The way I run my business in 2010 is NOT the same way I ran my business in 2005. I have had to change my target market, my client radius, and even venture into new 'tech' territory to build my business. But that being said, I have not catered to the words of politicians and the media. I have catered to the needs of my clients.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:06 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Those who live within their means and do not get in over their head with life choices, business choices, and financial decisions will be the MOST successful in all aspects of life... jmo.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:07 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I got to thinking about that and the more I thought about it the angrier I got. Should we have to accept what is being thrown at us and just work with what is left? Do you think the policies of this administration have forced this upon us and now it's our destiny?
    Since most of the jobs were lost under the last admin i fing it laughable that you of it as this administartions policies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on May. 11, 2010

^^This is one of the problems faced by business owners like myself. I would never hire anyone so clueless and rude to work in any of my businesses. I pay my employees a LIVING wage and would pay more if so much didn't get sucked in for taxes, permits and fees. But go ahead and hate me while you collect the PA my employeesand I provide you.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:31 AM on May. 11, 2010

• OP, it is not acceptable. We the people must be willing to flip any politician not towing OUR line. I am confident we can make real changes. It will take a lot of us and it will take a lot of dedication.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:33 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Everyone here acts as if all in America have the same values, ideals and goals. Have you learned nothing? What you want and think may not be what your neighbor wants and thinks; might be the exact opposite. You can not please all of the people all of the time, so there's always going to be a group who are dissatisfied. Change the Congress in November and you think that will solve the majority of problems? Come on, be realistic. Sounds like some are relying on hopey, changey things to come. I guess we're all wearing the same rose tinted glasses.

People do need to be more forward thinking and planning. Get educated and secure viable employement before reproducing, only have the # of kids you can safely predict (as in if you think 3-then have 2 for a buffer) to raise and fully educate, and do not live above your means. Yes, I do agree with all these ideas. Yes, I'm sure many are shocked.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:06 AM on May. 11, 2010