what kind of milk do you drink?

mominbolt

Asked by mominbolt at 9:30 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Horizon organic Skim and almond milk and soy milk sometimes.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:31 AM on May. 11, 2010

• cows milk. Usually Bryne Dairy, Wegmans and/or walmart brands :)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:39 AM on May. 11, 2010

• We drink the Horizon organic milk, my 4 year old has a milk allergy so he drinks rice milk or soy milk (but we limit the amount of soy because of the estrogen)
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 9:41 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I used to always drink nothing but whole milk, it was the only thing that tasted right to me. But now my daughter gets 2% for WIC and i'm starting not to mind it too much.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:44 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Skim
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:58 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Horizon, or the store brand of Organic milk. Which ever is the better price. The organic 2 percent tastes like whole milk, so I don't buy whole milk any more.

My daughter can't drink cows milk, so I buy organic Soy. Her milk is more expensive since I can't buy it in a gallon size. But to me its worth the expense.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:27 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Skim store brand. We keep whole milk in the house for my little one (17 months), but everyone else drinks skim - I can't stand the mouth feel of whole milk!

Answer by missanc at 10:43 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I'm gonna get long winded ;). I grew up on 1%, DH drank 2% when we met. I hated 2%. When our oldest turned 1 and we started whole milk and I was pregnant and had heartburn, I really got a taste for whole. DH would prefer to drink it straight from the bulk tank (whole+). So, I would love to be able to give my kids whole milk all the time (they're all slender and our doc has no issues with giving them whole milk) but with 2 on WIC and only being allowed 1% or skim, and not going through much milk lately, all we drink is 1%. Once we're off WIC I'm sure we'll go back to at least 2% all the time with the occasional whole. DD#3 is seeming to be a little lactose intolerant, and I'm trying to stay away from milk, and neither of us likes soy, so we'll see what happens there. Our brand of preferance is local, from cows not treated with growth hormones & all that yuck. Not organic though. We'll stick with the same brand long-term.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 11, 2010

• We drink 1 or 2% organic, ultra-pasteurized milk that is on sale or which ever sell by date is the longest out. If we are in a pinch, and the store is out of organic, ultra-pasteurized, we will buy Lactaid or almond milk (both of which are ultra-pasteurized with no growth hormones, but not organic)
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:14 PM on May. 11, 2010

• None. but my kids drink 2% store brand. I would love to buy organic but we just can't afford it!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:28 PM on May. 11, 2010