Cake design ideas?

I am planning on making a cake for my husband work on Thurdsay and I am having trouble on what to do. He works for Staples and they are having associate days and doing nice things for the associates. I was gonna make the Easy button but wanted to know if anyone else had any other ideas. I am gonna use fondant for it. Thanks

mommyjones

Asked by mommyjones at 9:44 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I think any easy button would be really cute!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:29 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Just the easy button? I'd probably make a sheet cake with the easy button on top of it. But then again, the easy button is so overrated and it bugs the heck outta me, I'd probably just make a sheet cake but torte it and put a decadent filling in it, and leave the "decorating" simple. I'd rather have a killer-tasting cake than a fancy or super-cute or funny one, personally. But yeah, if he wants something more fun then the easy button would be about the best thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on May. 11, 2010

• p.s. - if you aren't already in it, join the cake 101 group.
    Anonymous

• thats cute, and make a few small staples to throw on top like sprinkles.. =) hehe.
    MyAsMoMmY5

Answer by MyAsMoMmY5 at 7:39 PM on May. 13, 2010

• where can you buy fondant
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:28 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Wilton makes an ok fondant. Taste like crap though. Walmart has a cake section. Or Micheals. If you want it to taste good, you will need to make your own.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:33 AM on May. 14, 2010