zirtec

Can I give my 8 month old zirtec. I called the peds and the nurse I'm assuming told to give my son zirtec for a cough and runny nose. Can she be right? Childrens zirtec.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am guessing that they are assuming that it is allergies, not a cold. When my son was that age they had me give him benadryl for allergies. When he was around 18 months they suggested I try zyrtec for them. I would say the nurse said that because it was the doctors instructions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Children's Zyrtec is on recall, along with Benadryl, Tylenol, and Motrin. If you have liquid versions of any of those, and they aren't out of date, they are probably on the recall list.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:17 AM on May. 11, 2010

• LIST OF RECALLED MEDICATIONS:

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm210443.htm

If you have one of the recalled bottles, you can get a refund or coupon for an exchange.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:18 AM on May. 11, 2010

• NOOOO. 8 months is too young. I'd talk to the doctor before giving anything.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:21 PM on May. 11, 2010