finding my dad

yesterday i ment my dad for the first time. i was scared, nervous, excited, and overwhelmed. i am 30 and he hasnt seen me since i was 1. can anyone tell me experince they had in meeting a parent? also, please pray for us to give us the strength we need to move through this. it just doesnt seem real you know? i have waited this as long as i can remember and now that it has happen i cant believe it.

jamiethornton26

Asked by jamiethornton26 at 10:00 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• How many times are you going to post this today?
    Not trying to be rude..but I have seen this post a lot today...and if you haven't gotten responses it's because nobody knows how to answer you...You have already met him...so now it's up to you...I could see if you were saying...I'm meeting my dad for the first time ever tomorrow, and I'm nervous, what should I expect? How do I handle this? But you already met him...now you have to work on your relationship if there will be any...Stop posting the same question over and over in different categories just because either you didn't get answers, or you just didn't like the answers you got.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I would just try to have real expectations. You may have dreamed of this day or built it up to be fantasy type situation but he will have difficulty measuring up if you expect your relationship to be something you have imagined. It will take time to get to know him nad it will be more of a friend thing since you are grown and he cant really treat you like a dad would treat a child.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:05 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I will post it as many times as I choose thank you. I wanted it in a few places to get different peoples advice. If it bothers that I have done it I have a suggestion for u, stop reading it and piss off, thanks
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 12:21 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I don't know how to answer your question, but I will pray for you to be able to build a foundation for a relationship going forward. I think ria7 has a point about expectations. Keep and open mind and try to keep forgiveness in mind. Good luck, OP.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:28 PM on May. 11, 2010