finding my dad

yesterday i ment my dad for the first time. i was scared, nervous, excited, and overwhelmed. i am 30 and he hasnt seen me since i was 1. can anyone tell me experince they had in meeting a parent? also, please pray for us to give us the strength we need to move through this. it just doesnt seem real you know? i have waited this as long as i can remember and now that it has happen i cant believe it.

jamiethornton26

Asked by jamiethornton26 at 10:01 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, I have never met my biological father but mine is because he is for lack of better terms, a lowlife. However, I did start talking to my half sister (his first daughter) yesterday and I am really hoping I can meet her before we move out of the area!!! I bet it is a very overwhelming experience and it sounds as though the meeting went great! I still can't believe I was able to get in touch with my half sister...I've always wanted one :)
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 10:11 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I met mine when I was 7 seen him for maybe 30 mins., the next day his lawyer called giving up his rights. When I was 13 my cousins father (who was in and out of her life also) said he knew my dad and they were friends I gave him a letter to give to him we met not to long after that and I lived with him for a while but he has been in and out of my life since. He came by unexpectedly a week ago and put a hundred dollars in my purse. That is his way of showing he cares, ha. He has two daughters he just recently walked out on also. Good luck to you. I pray that you will have a great relationship with yours.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:30 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I found out about my biodad when I was 12. I never got to meet him. I only talked to him on the phone once.
    He died in 2005 and I never got to meet him or see him. I have finaly seen a picture of him and it was one where he was dying in the hospital.
    Good luck to you and I hope you can have a great relationship with your dad
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 10:35 AM on May. 11, 2010

• My story is way to long to go into so I will just say that I finally met my dad in 2008 and I was just about to turn 47. My mom had an affair with him so he never knew if she was pregnant with his kid, or her husband's. Turned out I belong to him and I'm very glad about that. It wasn't very weird at all, and he and his wife welcomed me with open arms. We just took it one day at a time and it has turned out very well. I know it's hard, but try not to expect things, just let them happen, let the relationship develop on it's own. If I have learned nothing else in life, I learned that if we come to expect things, we will constantly be disappointed. Good luck.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:28 PM on May. 12, 2010