wasn't this wrong

My 5 year old was eating gram crackers outside. She was in our yard mind you. She doesn't put her dogs on leashes. She has a boxer and a jack russel. I was in the house and my DD comes in the house like pouting (I know she was in our yard cause I Was watching her I was on the computer which is by the front door). Well, she told me that the neighbor (don't want to give names) told her if she was going to be eating she needed to go in the house (her dogs were trying to take her food) I told my DD to go back outside I told her if she is in our yeard go ahead and eat out there. I told her if this lady told her again just to tell her that her mom told her she can eat outside. Was this wrong of this lady? Shouldn't she keep her dogs in her own yard? Or was I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would have said the same thing...although, I would have been a little worried that the dogs would attack my child for the food...or bite her while trying to get the food. This woman should have had her dogs on a leash. I agree with you 100%
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on May. 11, 2010

• You were right, she was in your yard, and under your supervision. The neighbor really doesn't have any say in what your daughter is doing when she's in your yard. I would politely ask the neighbor to keep her dogs in her own yard.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:12 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I think that you as the mom should have done the talking to the neighbor instead of your daughter. This is an adult issue not a child issue. The lady is wrong and your child should be able to do what she wants in your yard.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:13 AM on May. 11, 2010

• maybe this lady was concerned for ure daughter's safety. she might be worried her dogs get excited seeing the cookies/crackers, go out of control and pounce on her.. because after all her dogs are animals. and no matter how much u teach ure pets a good behavior, they can do something u regret later. it happens every day of the week. and im not saying she has vicious dogs, she might just be concerned her dogs will get excited in a happy/good way but that might scare ure little girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on May. 11, 2010

• You do NOT put a child in that position to tell an adult anything. YOU TELL THE LADY. You are the mom. You deal with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on May. 11, 2010

• ANON 10:11 well the only reason I sent her back out is I know the dogs and I know they don't bite and she has a 9 year old and 7 year old also has a 15 month old which he is walking around all the time with his food that is how I know they wouldn't bite.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on May. 11, 2010

THIS!
    Anonymous

• To OP: just because the lady also has children doesn't mean that they won't bite a child that is a stranger.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:18 AM on May. 11, 2010

Sorry but then she should get her dogs off my property my DD was in her own yard. You can't tell someone to go in the house that is on there own property.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 11, 2010

I wasn't telling my DD to say anything to her all I said was I told her that she can go back outside and if the lady said anything to her about it then you just tell her that your mom said you are aloud to eat out here then she would probably had called me then I would have talked to her, but she didn't say anything else and she didn't call
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on May. 11, 2010