Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am trying to help a friend...what should i do??

Christa and Brandon and their son live together at his dads house. Saturday she called me because his dad kicked her out and refused to give her son to her. My hubby and i picked her up and took her to the local police station to file a poice report. That way he couldnt say she abandoned her son. The police said there was nothing she could do because he has as many rights as her when it comes to the baby. I've been lettign her stay at my house to get her thoughts together. Yesterday brandon called her and said she coud see her son and to meet him at a kroger in new batimore. We drove her there and he never showed. He just kept calling and telling her to meet him somewhere else. What can she do to get her son back??

Answer Question

Asked by TrevorsMommy820 at 10:33 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Get an attorney

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on May. 11, 2010

  • Anon 10:11, would you want someone to say that to you if you needed help? You would want someone to guide you through this just as much as anyone. Especially if it had to do with your child. Don't be heartless, because you know just as well that you wouldn't want someone to tell you "You're an adult, you deal with it."

    OP, your friend needs to get an attourney. She needs to get a copy of that police report if one were actually made and file for custody of her child. She needs to collect everything she has against her child's father to build a strong case. If you really want to help your friend, then she needs to take matters to the law. She needs to fight to get her children back.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:32 AM on May. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.