3 different than 2?

My hubby and I are ttc our 3rd child. My boys are 10 and 2. I stay home so my 2 year old is so used to it being just me and him all day til my oldest gets home from school. I was wondering just how different adding a 3rd child would be. I'm curious about the jealousy issues...

rlhall1980

Asked by rlhall1980 at 10:42 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It will be great for the 2 year old. My younger 2 are 2.5 years apart. Yes, there are jealousy issues, but they are extremely close. They love to play together. My middle child is a girl and she loves to baby and mother her younger brother. I also have an older child who is 10 years older than the baby. (Your family is just like mine!) Watch out, I thought the older one wouldn't fight with the younger 2, but that is not the case. It's almost like he acts their age when he is with them. All in all the kids are extremely close. And in a few years you will have a built-in baby sitter!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:54 AM on May. 11, 2010

• My friend's boys are 3 and 1 and she is currently pregnant with #3 and all her boys seem to not have jealousy issues just work with them before baby gets here and get him a "surprise" for him for being good with new baby.
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 10:49 AM on May. 11, 2010

• mompam - wow it really is the same huh?! My oldest acts like my 2 yr old when they play together too. It can be quite funny! The littlier ones will be 3 yrs apart and my oldest will be 11 when this baby is born.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 10:59 AM on May. 11, 2010