How do you keep your lady parts trim?

My hubby has recently asked( in a very non demanding way) that I might like to start shaving or waxing. I have really never thought much about it but since he brought it up I am curious. I have only ever just kept it trim and not all crazy down there so, how do you shave completely? Do you use a razor, do you wax, is there some other way to do it? I am afraid that shaving will hurt( cuts ya know) and I have heard waxing can be very painful. Any info will be helpful, I would really like to try this for DH. Oh, and feel free to answer anon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I go to a salon for a wax every 6-8 weeks. You have a to go a little more often at first, but then the hair almost stops growing. I find it much less "itchy" than shaving and have a lot less irritation as well. I also don't have time to shave every morning and the waxing lasts much longer. My husband is more than happy to pay for the spa service! :)

Answer by missanc at 10:57 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I shave but I always get bumps. I dont know if Im doing something wrong or what. LOL So Im curious to see what everyone else says.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I trim it with a beard trimmer to a buzz cut length and then shave the area I want to in the shower. It is itchy though when it starts growing back, the salon is probably a better idea if you can afford it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I shave every other day, I keep the "landing strip" only. I will start going to get waxed though now that bikini season is approaching. I get really really bad razor burn.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 11:04 AM on May. 11, 2010

• for razor burn you can get a clear stick deoderant (not the gel kind just like a plain Sure brand) after you shave and dry off then put deoderant on the area you shaved. It will prevent razor burn. Only shave down if the hair is growning down..dont go up with the razor!! i just shave a triangle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on May. 11, 2010

• get the coochie shaving cream. look it up on your search browser, its called "coochie" - it makes no bumps
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:14 AM on May. 11, 2010

• When yall talk about the landing strip...can you descibe it more, i am also curious about this....oh and do you shave everywhere....front back around? Yall know what I mean?
    Anonymous

• Landing strip = shaving the sides so you have just a strip of hair going down the middle.
    I trim. That means I shave from back to front, I like to get rid of as much hair on the "lips" as possible. I shave on the sides in front making a nice little triangle area. I don't get bumps from shaving and I don't know why. I do not use shaving cream, I use Olay bath bar soap. To trim the front I use a beard trimmer with a number II guard, which trims it short so I don't have wild hairs poking out everywhere. My husband never complains so I assume it's all good. Hope that helps.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:24 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I use an at home waxing kit by Bliss....it works really well. I cant stand to have hair there so i wax completely.
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 2:14 PM on May. 12, 2010