daycare.......

How did / do you know you have the right daycare? my son goes to a home daycare, he cries everyday when i drop him off. when i pick him up he is fine....... I did stay home with him for 13 months. now im working part time so its not like he is there all day just about 5 hrs......please help! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he stops crying when you leave, he is obviously just fine. Most kids, through about 3 years or so, will cry when you leave. It can't be helped. He would still cry even if it were a relative, friend, or maybe even his other parent. It's just what they do at that age. Rest assured, if he is fine, it's nothing to worry about.

You do realize, you are going to stir up a whole lot of crap by mentioning this though, don't you.......

From a Grandma.... ITS NORMAL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on May. 11, 2010

• how old is your child? how long has your child been going there?

my DS started with his provider at 15 mos... about 2 1/2 he started crying when I left.... then he would cry when I came to pick him up because he was having so much fun.

If your mommy gut isn't telling you that something is wrong, then it is just a phase that kids go through
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:05 AM on May. 11, 2010

• How long has he been going there? If it is something new, than it is normal to cry. If he's been there a few months I don't think he should be crying. Talk to the daycare provider. Do you feel comfortable with her? My kids don't cry when I drop them off, but they started as babies. It'd different starting when they are a little older. Talk to the other parents who send their kids there. Are their children happy?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:09 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I started my son in daycare when he was 16 months old - he cried everyday for drop off for the first 8 months.. he's better now and now that he has more verbal skills, its been easier we can talk about what they did and how fun it was etc.. although we have some issues with the daycare center he goes to, he does like it..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:18 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I am a first time mom! my son is 15 months old and has been go there for a little over a month.
    Grandma.....i had a question and i asked it if you dont like it dont comment! to everyone else thanks for making me feel better about where my son is at when i need to work.......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Sometimes, it may just be the transition. I watch a friend's son one or two days a week. I've been watching him since he was about seven months old and my dd was about 16 months old. (They play together reasonably well...for toddlers.) He loves it here, he's a happy boy, but he just doesn't like it when Daddy leaves. I distract him and he stops crying after a few minutes and we go on with our day.

Especially since your son is fine when you pick him up, it's either just not liking change or a spurt of separation anxiety. It'll be ok, and one day he won't fuss when you leave him.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 12:35 PM on May. 11, 2010

• If this is new for him, give it time. My son has gone too daycare since he was 12 weeks old but this past fall we changed daycares and he cried for about 2 months when we would drop him off. (My son was the same age as your son at the time too... he was 15 months when he started his new daycare... and I think a lot of it is the age as well) But he only cried for a couple of minutes and he was fine. I know our daycare lady is excellent.... watch how they interact with him... if they are involved and loving and caring with him then it's a good choice.
    My son has been with his new daycare lady for 9 months now and he LOVES it. He gets so excited to go and play and sometimes runs away when it's time to go home so I know he's having a wonderful time.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:42 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Mine cries when I leave her alone with her father. She's 24 months and is very attached to me. It normal. My husband says like 15 min after I leave she's happy and playing again!
    Dodie702

Answer by Dodie702 at 1:25 PM on May. 11, 2010