Should I call my dr. about this?

My last c-section was almost a year ago. This morning, my scar was very itchy and a little moist on my left side. When I looked in a mirror, it looked red, sort of like when you get a scratch that breaks the skin a little. Not sure if I should be worried or not. (I don't have insurance right now, so I only go to the dr. if I think something's serious or won't go away w/o meds.)

rachydi253

Asked by rachydi253 at 11:02 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Health

• I would give them and call and maybe just talk to the nurse...if they say you need to be seen go to one of those walk in clinic. They tend to be a little cheaper.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 11:06 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Not necessarily. That scar will get itchy and inflammed from time to time. It's just something that happens. It's a scar, that's what they do. It's gross, but sometimes they get pimples, and sweat too. I don't think there is anything that isn't normal. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the actual c-section itself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I don't think it's that serious. I had my son Greg by emergency C-section and the scar did that sometimes. I would get some Bactine and spray it on the scar. That might help. If it gets worse, I wouldn't hesitate to go in and have it checked out.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 11:21 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I would get some antibiotic creama nd put it on it and see if it helps first.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:44 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I agree with tring an ointment on it yourdelf first. If you see any red streaks coming away from it or if you start to run a fever, I would get it looked at. Hope that helps!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:17 PM on May. 11, 2010

• * trying, *yourself, sorry!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:18 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I think you have a bit of a yeast skin rash there. Get some lotramin antifungal cream and apply it 2-3x a day. The redness and iching will be gone in a day or two. Use it for a day or two more. Keep it on hand incase it comes back later. :)
    Anonymous