Home birth and pain meds

I am thinking of having a water home birth with my next child. This will be #3 for us. Our hospital deliveries were great but I like the thought of having our baby at home. Im a big baby tho... I need medication for the pain. Is there anything that Midwives can give you for the contractions. I do prefer epi's but I know that isnt possible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would have to have complete Chloroform or lots of Whiskey!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on May. 11, 2010

• i dont know.. im not into those home births. what if something goes wrong and that baby needs the hospital. do you really want to take that chance?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:19 AM on May. 11, 2010

• OP Here... Anon 11:11 LOL
    Purplebutterly- didnt ask your opinion on home births, asked if midwives give pain meds
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Just the hot water has a soothing effect. I'm not sure if midwives bring pain meds, but I know they bring oxygen and meds for bleeding. Nothing more should be necessary. You should interview some midwives in your area.
    Anonymous