Trading up a wedding ring

If you take you wedding set and trade it up do you know how much you have to increase the value by? The set is about $3000 so i think they give you $3000 to apply towards a more expensive ring but not sure about all the details. i know it varies by store but just wondering.

PS this is his exwifes ring. She cheated on him 8 months into marriage and he wants to trade it up instead of just selling it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You won't get what you paid for it, I think you might be better off selling it.

I would sell it, then purchase a new one.

Good luck...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:29 AM on May. 11, 2010

• my ring is 2100 and we had to buy something that was at least double the price of my ring. So, we had to buy something that was at least $4200...so it would cost 2100 more, and a 2100 credit would be applied because of my ring.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Thank you anon :30 I was thinking you had to double it but didnt know if all places were that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 11, 2010

• My hubby had an ex-fiancee and the ring was worth like $2000 from jareds. When we went to buy mine they put $2000 towards the value of my ring under the conditions that the new ring was to be double the price of the trade in ....

I thought it was a heck of a deal lol ...
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:32 AM on May. 11, 2010

• oh i'm anon 11:30...and we bought mine at helzberg....and this was during an advertised special, so I don't know what they'll take it for at anytime.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Not sure, we have upgraded mine twice but just bought the upgrades my other two have sentimental value so we kept them for our girls.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 12:23 PM on May. 11, 2010