Baby wearing mama's, what is your preferred baby carrier?

I have a Moby Wrap that I used for our last DD. I have a little pork chop, and once she hit about 6 months, it was too uncomfortable to carry her in it (I have back problems to begin with). I either couldn't get it tied tight enough to support her weight, or it had stretched over time. I'm thinking of getting either an Ergo baby carrier, or a Mei Tai. Which would you prefer? Or if you have a different carrier that was easy on the back, let me know! Thanks ladies!

milfalicious08

Asked by milfalicious08 at 11:23 AM on May. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• The Ergo carrier is FANTASTIC:) I still use it for my 2 1/2 year old and I love it! It was worth every penny.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 2:44 PM on May. 11, 2010

• OOPSIE! Forgot to mention this is for our baby due in October..not my little porky :)
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:24 AM on May. 11, 2010

• i made my own wrap. i just got some jersey cotton fabric from my local fabric store. :-D worked great!
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 11:34 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I love my ring sling. After about 8 months I wore him on my back and it was much easier.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:46 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I had a Moby, but like you at 6 months it was no good as my little boy was a chubby monster. I got a stronger German wrap instead which was wonderful. I have a mei tai style and it is ok but tying it was a nuisance with my son especially if he wanted to get out. From about age 1-2 (now he walks everywhere) I have used a manduca that is a soft carrier with clips..my favourite because well if my son ever wanted to get in and out it was easy. I love wrap slings though for newborns and will be using my German one for the newborn.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:57 AM on May. 11, 2010

• A moby style for infant, and once they hit around 15ish lbs, I was more comfortable with a ring style sling.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:19 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I use a Moby and just tried a Mei Tai. Didn't like the Mei Tai, because I couldn't put it on before we left home & just plop my daughter in like I can with the Moby. Have you tried different wraps with the Moby? Maybe it would feel better with baby on your back? I would get the Ergo over the Mei Tai.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 12:22 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I don't think anything works better than Moby for the early months. Hang on to that one. After 6 months, I found the Baby Bjorn much better. But the Moby just lets them snuggle so close and secure as newborns.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:24 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I haven't tried an Ergo, but I hear they are great. I love my Mei Tai and wore it all over China with my dd. She liked it too.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 3:47 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I like my HotSling for the early months just because it's so easy to get on and off. But for an older baby, something with more support is better (Ergo, Beco, non-stretchy wrap, mei tai).
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 4:12 PM on May. 11, 2010