HAS ANYONE EVER GOTTEN PREGNANT WHILE USING THE IUD?

BRIEF.....AFTER HAVING MY DAUGHTER I GOT ON IUD BECAUSE I REFUSE TO BE RAISING ANOTHER CHILD BY MYSELF. ME AND MY BF HAVING BEEN SLEEPING TOGETHER UNPROTECTED FOR A WHILE NOW AND NOW MY PERIOD IS LATE WHICH THAT HAS NEVER HAPPEN BEFORE.

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 11:39 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you have the Mirena iud it is normal not to have a period. I would take a test, but it is not likely you are pregnant. If it is negative, then don't worry. I don't really get a period with mine any more either.
    If you are worried you can feel for the strings, if you find them it is really unlikely you would be pregnant.
    Good Luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:41 AM on May. 11, 2010

• My cousin got pregnant on the Merina, and was a few months along before she ever knew. They say its very unlikely but when she found out and they checked everything Merina was still in and the baby was a chunky healthy baby boy with no problems except he was totally unexpected.
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 12:33 PM on May. 11, 2010

• im on mirena. you can get a period. they can be normal, or completely abnormal. i dont really get a period. its more of a brown discharge. i had a friend get pregnant on mirena. you should go to the doctor and find out right away even if you think its nothing to worry about.
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 12:42 PM on May. 11, 2010