How do I find love as a single mom with a 2 year old boy

I feel like I cannot get a decent man. I still end up with losers I dont know what I am doing wrong. The last guy I dated was a single father. Instead of trying to better his situation he was trying to ride the gov't for food stamps and income based housing. When he told me he didnt know how he was going to pay his 400 dollar rent, thats when I started to bail out of this r-ship. I mean $400.??? but yet he was riding around in a SUV. I am just sick and tired of the men I meet. I am also trying to strive for a better future, graduating with my BSN hopefully in 2012. How can I raise my standards to find a better mate. I am 25 yrs old and tired of settling for crappy guys

Divalish

Asked by Divalish at 11:42 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't look for him, he will find you. Take your time, and go on dates, say your not ready to have a relationship yet. As soon as you see they are no good move on, it takes some searching for a good man as it does with fruit-skip the bad and move on to the good.

Don't settle for less for you and your son.

Good luck!!!

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:46 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Yeah. You need to concentrate on your daughter and school. I'm a single mom too but I've been in a not so much relationship for about a year.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:48 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Oh and don't settle for anyone. If he's not what you want he's not what you want. Don't teach your daughter that its ok to settle just because you're lonely or tired of waiting.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:49 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I meant boy.Oops.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:51 AM on May. 11, 2010

• It will happen! I have so many male friends that love dating moms lol.If they went taken I would ship them to you :P Just give it time.Start doing more things out side of the home just to meet people.Have your own night out once a month if you can have the help.My GIL(grandpa in law) used a dating site after his wife died.Almost everyone i know uses the now.You can look into that also.Even just to make a few male friends if you dont have a connection.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:55 AM on May. 11, 2010

• yeah ryanlynn is right. and ive used match.com couple times. its easy to meet people on there. but it's also easy to meet losers and creepers. so be careful. dont give out your number until you are truly comfortable with talking to them through email. eharmony is good..but its kinda "fixed" like if you choose one thing..itll send you to ppl who dont. idk hard to explain! lol but ive got a few great friends from match and im dating one now and hes wonderful :)
    Anonymous

• Good for you. It's great to hear that you aren't settling and you know what you want for yourself and daughter. I was a divorced mom with 2 kids and I met my wonderful husband 7 years ago. I met him through a friend and I wasn't even looking for anybody. It will happen for you. Just continue with school and bettering yourself and the rest will come.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:43 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I was 24 when I met my husband & yes I was a single mom of a 4 yr old boy. I stoped looking for a guy, ran into the same problem as u. when I realized that he wasent going away & my son absolutly loved him did I then start looking at him as more then a friend. Not to long after i had my apifiny did we get married, I had his child and couldent b happyer!!! b happy for urself and ur child, things will happen like they should. Just remember that life is a learning process, learn from it and move on... Only u can make things happen for urself, thats all that realy matters.
    militarymom0106

Answer by militarymom0106 at 1:23 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Your life is about your child; that is one of the consequences of choosing parenthood.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:40 PM on May. 11, 2010