I gained a pound and a half and I don't understand why?

I've been working out for an hour (cardio) Five sometimes six days a week. I'm taking a diet pill too. Last week I was 161.5 and this week I'm 163!! I'm about to cry! It's always on the same scale too! I eat healthy as well. Except for last night. You think that had something to do with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe you have to poop
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 11:47 AM on May. 11, 2010

• There is a possiblity that is water retention, right before your period it sometimes happens, do not be discouraged and do not weigh yourself everyday, it will make you anxious!!! or it could be your slip last night! either way keep at it persistance will pay off!!!!!

Answer by older at 11:49 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I weigh myself once a week. I'd feel better if I thought I looked different. I still feel fat and ugly. I think I'm on my way to an eating disorder..I was supposed to ovulate on Sunday and now I have gas..You think that could be it? -OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on May. 11, 2010

• I gain and lose more than that on a weekly basis. (especially if its time for aunt flo) I've always wondered, but haven't tried on a really accurate scale... when you chug a 16 oz bottle of water, don't you immediately gain a pound on the scale? And like some one else said... what about after you use the bathroom? Wouldn't that make your scale go down right afterwards?

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:54 AM on May. 11, 2010

• You should never look at weight initially. It's fine to gain a pound and a half if you lost an inch or so in the process. Also remeber muscle weighs MORE than fat. Which is probably the reason if you've lost an inch or two from somewhere on your body.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:57 AM on May. 11, 2010

• It could be water retention. I weigh about 4 pounds more in the evening and I know it is water retention. And a pound and a half is so little of a gain I wouldn't worry about it.
    Just keep on with your efforts ( but I wouldn't take a diet pill....)
    Exercise is great---Good for you!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:40 PM on May. 11, 2010