Even with having kids,are you willing to baby-sit?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 11:47 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, not always but for parents to go on dates, and vice versa.

As for working raising a child as long as my child can be there. I would not mind until they are able to attend school.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:49 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Yeah, older kids, because on my own, i'm maxed out with "younger" kids lol I'm pregnant with 3 other kids who are 3 and under....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:49 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Jesus no. I started watching these two boys and they are heathens. Unless I know the kids and how they act I won't do it again.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:51 AM on May. 11, 2010

• Yes, I do it all the time. Sometimes it makes my kids so happy to have a friend here to play with, they stay out of my hair for a little while. It often makes my job as "Mom" easier when I'm doing the job of "Baby sitter"

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:51 AM on May. 11, 2010

• yes, I have 2 young boys myself & run a day care out of my home. I dont recomend it for everyone u need a lot of patiance!
    militarymom0106

Answer by militarymom0106 at 1:01 PM on May. 11, 2010

• no way..even if i did need the money i couldnt.. my kids are very well behaved and listen to me..and a lot of peoples kids i know arent the same and i couldnt handle a kid not listening to me or like my neice..she gets away with everything i couldnt handle having to tell her no every 5 minutes..
    Anonymous

• No I considered it when I was pregannt with our 3rd baby but because of my kids preschool schedule my car wasn't big enough. I just don't love watching kids here and there is ok but I feel I have my hands full with my three.
    Anonymous

• Nope. I haven't baby sat since I was a about 19... And frankly I won't do it again... One of the kids I baby sat pulled a knife on me and killed a kitten while I was there... Another (from another parent) bit me and I had to have stitches... Another (yet another set of parents) climbed out the window during nap time and went to the neighbors... And the parents of one refused to give me contact info, lied to me about where she was going (said she was going to work & went to the mall) and told me she would be gone for 6 hours and didn't come home for almost 2 days...

Yeah, I'm done! I'll never watch another child! EVER!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:10 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Yes, I do. I babysit my friends 2 kids while she is going back to school! My daughter is 10 and in school so it works out. I don't think I would of done it when my daughter was still little.
    Anonymous

• Yes, for friends who NEED it. The 7$ an hour or so is not worth it to do it for pay alone. But I will sit for a friend who has an urgent appointment, needs back-up for class, or needs a date-night or something of that nature. I'm really not one to want to be alone with other people's kids, but I'll do it occasionaly to help someone I know.
    Mia1983

Answer by Mia1983 at 4:26 PM on May. 11, 2010