Is it really hard to lose the baby weight?

There's a CNN article about this right now. For me, it wasn't hard at all, in fact, I wanted to keep some of the weight but I just shrank right back down. I'm sure it's cause I only have 1, am relatively young (under 30) and exercised the whole time I was pregnant. Do you think it's really hard or are some women just making excuses?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it is really hard at all. But I have never been someone to sit around and I have never really eaten junk food so its me. I think it maybe hard for some people because they focus on short cuts, instant results or they change too many things when they aren't ready.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:00 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I was 5 lbs away from prepregnancy weight one week after my son was born and I had gained about 55 lbs, mostly from water weight in the last 2 weeks, though.

I think it depends on how much you really need to lose afterwards. If you gain 75lbs based on what you ate, yeah, it's going to be hard to lose it all because you'll still have 40 lbs to lose after the baby is born.
    Anonymous

• not really.. my SIL gained soooo much weight (during both pregnancies) that it was almost scary to look at her. and then she slimmed back to her old size !! after first pregnancy it took her more than a year , but after 2nd pregnancy about 9-11 months. she still has a little belly flab but she's working on that. but if u saw her before , u wouldnt believe ure eyes its the same woman !! she occasionally exercise and is doing the weight watchers program. ive heard alot of negative reviews about weight watchers that it doesnt work, but i dont believe that. coz my SIL sticks to it religiously and it is really working for her. so im going to do that too after my first pregnancy . if i become huge like her and cant seem to loose weight
    Anonymous

• I have always been 105, after my first child i had to work out hard but i got back to 105, then my second came and i couldn't get lower then 120, then my third i was stuck at 125 no matter how hard i worked out. that might not sound bad compared to alot of women who can't lose 50pound or more that they gained, but for me to be what i want to be i have to work out, diet really hard. this is just what i went through. but most have to workout to lose it, me i can work out till im blue in the face and still i stay at right now between 120-123, i think it is water though, but i look leaner when i workout but i don't lose anything
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 12:11 PM on May. 11, 2010

• It wasn't hard for me. The weight comes off easily because when you have kids you are constantly moving,on the go, cooking,cleaning, and breast feeding,usually. I gained weight when I quit smoking and I am having a hard time losing....but then,I am older and need to exercise more.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:35 PM on May. 11, 2010

• It was REALLY easy for me to loose my baby weight! I was 123 when I got pregnant, 113 three months later and 136 when I delivered at 38 wks. I went from 136 to 115 in four days (no, I didn't bf)... 2.5 years after my emergency C I'm 108 and trying to gain!!! I don't workout, I tried for a little while to tone up but my ribs started showing! I sit on the couch and pig out to gain!!! I understand it is much harder for most women, but I hear a lot of "well, I had a baby and that's why I'm fat"... I'm like "me too" then I get this freak of nature look! I understand keeping the baby weight around up to a year, after that I feel it's laziness unless there is a medical condition.
    Anonymous