my daughter is 19 and she still live's at home i feel that it's time for her to get her own place but i can't tell her because of my grandaugher that i love so much i would feel like if i'm throwing my grandaughter out to and that i can't do....please help......

1_happy_mom

Asked by 1_happy_mom at 12:04 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• my mom is going thru the same thing with my sister. only having the boyfriend here too. they dont help out any with bills or chores or anything. and my dad is disabled and my mom is a teacher and her income is the only one. shes struggling so hard with money and comes home from a 10 hour work day to find her house a mess and nothing done only to cook dinner herself. shes worried about the same thing. i told her if she doesnt want to kick them out, then to at least charge them rent.
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 12:39 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Why do you think its time she moved out?
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:05 PM on May. 11, 2010

• why do you think it is time she move out?
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:08 PM on May. 11, 2010

• 19 is pretty young still, why do you think she should move?

Answer by older at 12:09 PM on May. 11, 2010

• If she's working and can afford to be on her own then just sit down and talk to her. Let her know you need her to be on her own. She is an adult, and obviously has made some adult decisions, having a baby etc.. You're the Mom, it's your home, so you have the right to tell her how you feel...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:13 PM on May. 11, 2010

• why do you think it's time for her to move out so soon..I mean if she has a job to where she can get her own place and still take care of her daughter and herself then that's fine but if not what's the rush
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 12:23 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Its time for tough love. She is an adult with a child. Tell her by the end of summer you would like her to have a place of her own. Tell her you will help her budget and look for places if she wants you to.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:02 PM on May. 11, 2010

• She's 19...yes, it's time. She needs to become a responsible parent and support herself and her child at some point and doesn't need to rely on mom and dad to do so. My nephew and niece are 23 and 21 (they are both childess) and they still live at home with my sister who pays all of their expenses. It's RIDICULOUS. My children are 18, 19, 22 and 23 and we raised them to BE independent. if they are in school (high school/college) they can live here but if they weren't in school any longer then they moved out and made theeir own path in life. My older 2 moved out at 19 (he went to college for a year & then joined the Army) and 18 (he didn't want to try college). My younger 2 graduate in 3 weeks and 1 is off to the Army and the other is off to college and he we will help out financially because he is still in school. He won't be living here though, he's living on campus 2 hours away. Let your daughter be independent.
    Anonymous

• I didn't move out until I was 24. What's the rush? Why not let her save some money, get a good job before you rush her out?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:43 PM on May. 11, 2010

• She's only 19 and she has a child, I would give her more time.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:03 PM on May. 11, 2010