Does it bother you when people are nasty to cashiers?

OMG, I can't stand it. They work hard, put up with everyones attitude and laugh at the people that try to keep them going through out the day.

Why do people think they are better.
In walmart a young girl was yelled at by a man a grown man, and a customer jumped in to protect him-he was another man. Said how would you feel if someone talked to your mom, daughter or neice like that.

I was a cashier at one time.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:06 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Everyone should be nice and considerate to everyone else they come in contact with. It bothers me when cashiers, or waiters/waitresses are cold too...
    It's the most awkward thing to go up to someone and they dont' talk to you except the usual questions and or to ask for your money...no smile..nothing!!!
    Anonymous

• i don't think theres any reason to be rude or yell at a cashier or waitress unless they initiate the attitude.
    Anonymous

• Yes, that is so wrong. I guess some people don't understand that the cashier is low man on the totem pole. Or they want to take out their frustrations on the easiest target. I think if you have a real problem, take it up with the manager, NOT some one that has no power to fix your problems (the cashier)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:24 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Yes it bothers me a lot, especially having worked as a cashier. I couldn't believe how hard working with the public can be, especially with those people who equate their money with their self esteem or sense of self worth. Some of the things I've seen parents let their children get away with, in a store, was also ridiculous.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 12:25 PM on May. 11, 2010

• When a cashier of waiter is nasty, I usually smile and say bad day huh.

to break the ice, if that does not work, i am still kind. It is hard sometimes and they don't realize it until later on during the day, at least I believe some of them.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:28 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Bothers me? that's too mild. I've been known to get right in peoples faces when they disrespect cashiers, waitresses etc. Yeah my family likes shopping with me.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 12:35 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Actually it bothers me when cashiers are nasty and rude.
    Anonymous

• Aw...it makes me sad to hear that when I was a teenager I worked as a cashier I loved it counting money and meeting new people but yes there are some a**holes out there :(
    One time I remember one man was trying to confuse me with a $20.00 bill he said he wanted to break it but then when I gave him the change he changed his mind and whated it in a different bills like trying to get me to give him more than the 20.
    Another time I remember I used to work at a fast food place and as a cashier I went to go check on an order to see if it was coming MAN!!! talk about embarrassed the manager was and ahole too he yelled at me for leaving my station and this was lunch time so we were very busy I mean picture a line full of people like in a buffet waiting to get rung up. But I did feel I did a good job as a cashier, I just felt bad that he did that I don't like to be yelled at. :( Now I am a SAHM thank you lord :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:39 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Ugh, don't get me started!

Same goes for servers, janitors and well anyone for that matter. There's just no need!

Ugh, I'll stop before I get crazy. : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 12:46 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I have been  a cashier for twenty years and  while I am finishing college and when I see them I think about the people who may have a bad day. I work in a parking hut and people do not care they are on the phone and shush you while you are trying to do your job and it gets old seeing people who think they are better they  say stuff like you know they cannot read that is why they have this job. Or my favorite why dont i ask a student and look shocked when you tell them you are a student. It is one of the jobs that is hard to have even when you have people skills. There are still good even great people out there just sometimes they are few and far between the people who do not care or act lik your bothering them.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:52 PM on May. 11, 2010