Do you use some sort of technique to retract yourself from getting into arguments with strangers?

I've tried to put myself on that person's shoes but it doesn't work.

On any kind of situations such as a rude clerk, a reckless driver, a coworker, etc. How do you handle arguments without being "loud"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i have found that many times a "look" speaks a 1000 words. Also keeps my b/p down :)
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 12:53 PM on May. 11, 2010

• walk away. there is nothing constructive that can come out of arguing.
    Anonymous

• walk away

What if the situation doesn't permit it.
    Anonymous

• I just look at how ridiculous they look being rude and think "Dang they are rude!" Im not a confrontational person so its easy to just walk away without being defensive.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:31 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Do you say you DO argue with clerks ? WOw. I have never argued with a stranger, a co-worker, clerk, etc. because there really is no good reason to argue. You just calmly speak or explain or ask a question...etc. For me, the idea of "arguing" just doesn't compute. Besides, if you get angry, people automatically lose respect for you and won't take what you have to say seriously. Angry people are people to avoid, always.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:32 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I agree, walk away

Answer by admckenzie at 12:53 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Well now what is the point of being hot headed with others? where does it get you? and the other person?? Nowhere....
    I try to find resolve with other people's disposition and am aware that we all have bad days, even bad moments.
    My sister can cuss at a stranger for something petty and it is embarressing! but she isn't exactly happy in life, so I do have an understanding that crabby/defensive people are one of many things, and that is low self esteem, plain unhappy or having a bad day
    Anonymous

• Hmmm...I don't think I've gotten into arguements with strangers,lol. Now, I know some strangers have ticked me off. Like one time when my son was 3 , we were at Mcdonalds playland and I watched as this 6 year old kid slapped my son across the face like it was no big deal and my son had this huge welt across his cheek. The dad that was there with the boy did nothing about it, I even went up and told him what had happenend and what I had saw and he basically just shrugged his shoulders. I bit my tongue, grabbed our things and left. I was very angry about that. Road rage..I pretty much just laugh at people that get obviously aggraveated on the road. I have no where to be that I need to go so fast and rush around people and possibly get myself and my family killed. I guess I'm just a roll my eyes kind of person and let things be...when it comes to STRANGERS,that is,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:35 PM on May. 11, 2010