Conceiving a girl...

In a few months my husband and I want to start trying for our second child. We have a son now. I know its a 50/50 chance and either a boy or a girl would be welcomed and loved whole-heartedly just the same, but I'd really like a little girl! Has anyone done anything different as far as diet or anything along those lines while trying to and conceived a girl? I've been doing some research and most of it is old wives tales to naturally conceive a girl but hey, I'm willing to give it a shot!

KadenAlansMommy

Asked by KadenAlansMommy at 12:29 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Look up shettles method. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• Anon- I just did! Did it work for you or do you know someone it worked for?
    KadenAlansMommy

Answer by KadenAlansMommy at 2:42 PM on May. 11, 2010

• This is an excerpt from Conception, Pregnancy and Birth by Dr. Miriam Stoppard.
    A child's gender is determined by the whether the X sperm or the Y sperm fertilized the egg.
    X sperm (female) is larger, slower but lives longer than Y.
    Her suggestion is:
    For a female baby, make love up to 2 or 3 days before ovulation. Do frequently as this lowers the proportion to male sperm in semen
    For male baby, make love on the day of or just after ovulation. Do infrequently cause the male sperm is faster and will reach the ovum before the female.
    sorry to be graphic, but wanted to quote the book as much as possible. Hope this helps :)
    Lezeph

Answer by Lezeph at 3:09 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Graphic is okay! I don't think there is any way around that considering the topic! Thanks for the help!
    KadenAlansMommy

Answer by KadenAlansMommy at 3:18 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I agree... look up Shettles.. I know for a girl he says to TTC right before the day you ovulate
    reagabismom

Answer by reagabismom at 10:49 AM on May. 12, 2010

• A few days before your most fertile day of ovulation will be a good chance of getting a girl...but that's just it, a chance! good luck.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 9:17 PM on May. 12, 2010