Are there any things that Americans feel they are forced to do in order to live in The United States?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• older
    Pay taxes on property you own free and clear and it is not really yours unless you pay your yearly taxes!

___

I agree with this entirely older! Apparently you never actually "own" land it's always on rent/lease; since even long after you've paid your original purchase price and interest if you don't make a few 'property tax' payments whoops there goes land that has been yours for generations; etc...sorry that's insane. Figure another way to structure the tax system to support schools; police; fire; roads; etc...but leave people's property out of it.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 12:48 PM on May. 11, 2010

• um...no
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:33 PM on May. 11, 2010

• pay taxes.
    Anonymous

• Put up with nonsense!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:36 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I feel forced to pay taxes that help lazy people ( I dont mind paying taxes for roads, schools, police and fire but i dont want to feed families except my own)

I feel forced to have a leader who I think is reckless and spends ridiculous amounts of money.
    Anonymous

• Pay taxes on property you own free and clear and it is not really yours unless you pay your yearly taxes!

Answer by older at 12:38 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Not sure what you mean but there are many laws we have to follow. Some may not like them such as the seatbelt law or kids in car seats. We have to have drivers licenses to drive but thats a good thing. There are oodles of things that we cannot lawfully do but I don't know of many things we are forced to do. Most of these things are not mandatory, only done if you participate in the activity. Like having insurance if you drive a car. I assume they do these things in alot of other places too though.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:39 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Pay your fair share of taxes....small price to pay for being a USA citizen,I think.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:41 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Hubby's a permanent resident, has been for the past 11 yrs... He said he doesn't feel he's forced into anything. If he didn't want to be here he wouldn't...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:45 PM on May. 11, 2010

• pay taxes was the first thing that came to mind
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:55 PM on May. 11, 2010