why do ppl not like "baby wearing" ...

I just have heard quite a few times ( not just on here) that its not right....I was just wondering why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no idea what that is....
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 12:46 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I have no idea why someone would be against babywearing. I wore both of my sons in slings and both of them loved it and so did I.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 12:46 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I'm not opposed to it, in moderation, I do think that kids miss out on important sensory activies and motor development when they are being "worn" all the time
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:46 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I had my 4 kids before I knew anything about this....When i see moms now it makes me wish I knew about wearing...I would have LOVED to do this...back when my kids were babies the closet to baby wearing was wearing a front baby carrier which I did have and did use...but baby wearing is different

Anonymous

• I agree that is something that shouldn't be done every waking moment. I wore my sons when out in public when taking a walk, but at home is was lots of tummy time and free play. They both crawled early and began walking before 10 months.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 12:50 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I don't know... it worked out very well for me and my kids.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:51 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I'm not necessarily against it...I just don't like it personally. I tried wearing my kids....they just got in the way. Plus, I don't believe in ALWYAYS holding your baby. They need to be set down and learn how to self soothe. I'm a CIO kind of Mom. So babywearing isn't for me. I have nothing against people that choose to do it...whatever works for you. It just didn't work well for me.
    Anonymous

• IMO it's okay in moderation, but kids need to be independent.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 3:09 PM on May. 11, 2010