A question from a question posted on here about hearing Jesus....

I have read several responses to another post about how God speaks to you.. some of you said you never heard or felt His presence... My question to you is this... What exactly were you expecting to hear and feel.. how do you know that you didnt feel him or hear him if you dont know what it was supposed to feel and sound like? Reason I am asking this is.. many of us have a certain expectation of what His voice sounds like and His presence feels like but more often than not its not what we expected but that instead of that still small voice He came through the words in the bible or through words from others or if you expected a loud voice but He came and whispered to your heart how much He loves you or through a dream or a vision or His precense truly was different than you thought that He did come and wrap His arms around you but you expect something else and missed it entirely..... I get the sense thats what happened..

Shaneagle777

Asked by Shaneagle777 at 12:48 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, Shane....at least she ^ called you a "thinker".
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:58 PM on May. 11, 2010

• For me I have felt His tangible precense many times , I have heard Him come in a small still voice telling me I am loved.. I expected Him to be the absentee father that never paid any attention to me.. why because thats how my earthly father was... so I expected the same and was suprised to find thats not how He is. I get the feeling many are seeing Father God like they see their earthly Father.. even if you had an amazing earthly Father there are expections of how God is supposed to be but if we read His word... we will find that He is GOOD and always in a GOOD MOOD and LOVES telling you HOW precious and special you are.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:52 PM on May. 11, 2010

• If this is so, how does one distinguish between wishful thinking and reality?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:59 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I was told it will never be a audible voice for that will be the devil & if you hear a voice out loud it is evil. I was listening for the voice in my head that your know isn't yourself, looking for symbolism anywhere that shows he is listening, I expected to feel love or truth in the bible, I expected to feel something. I all my years as a Christan I never once felt gods presence. and I tried to be a very good one, I prayed, I listened, I tried to do it right for years. I never felt it, never. And once I let it go, a decision that i didn't come to lightly, I felt all the guilt of not being "worthy" of hearing him was away. It was awesome not the feel the guilt any more. it was awesome to not feel abandoned anymore. I will never forget that moment that I let go - it was almost euphoric!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:00 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Morgain.. that was the day you felt God's precense.. do you see that?? It was HIS freedom!

I dunno how someone came to the conclusion that if you heard God's audible voice it wasnt Him.. haven't they read the bible to see thats how God spoke to many of His children just as Moses and Abraham and Samuel??? Even Saul who became Paul!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:07 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Swasson: It must line up with the Word of God if it doesnt its either one of these two things.. satan or our soulish desires.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:08 PM on May. 11, 2010

• "Morgain.. that was the day you felt God's precense.. do you see that?? It was HIS freedom!"
    No, it had nothing to do with him, nothing at all. I am free of that lie!! ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:47 PM on May. 11, 2010

• what lie?? He did show Himself to you that day.. you felt free! Thats HIM setting you free. That is no lie... unless you have allowed satan to make you believe it is.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:04 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Shane, Satan has nothing to do with those who do not beleive like you do, to her it is a lie and to you it is him speaking, now let's respect each others views shall we?

Answer by older at 2:08 PM on May. 11, 2010

• If you could prove that what you interpret as the voice, or hand of god was actually a being or a separate deity, you & millions of others would be leading the world by the balls. Instead though, you're just another influenced thinker, a result of a conditioned society/culture.
    I would have much more respect for you if you didn't state your thoughts as facts, because they're not.
    Allow

Answer by Allow at 2:17 PM on May. 11, 2010