Personal space - do you need it in public?

I was in line at the market. This woman behind me reaches over me to get the divider bar that was still out of both of our reaches. I always put down the divider bar as a courtesy to those behind me but it was still out of reach. So this woman infringes on my personal space and I say "excuse me, personal space". And she starts spitting non stop insults in spanish at me. I ignored her but it was a crazy situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes....I need personal space. If someone creeps a tad too close behind me...they may just find my elbow connecting with some portion of their body....Oooospie. Guess that wouldn't have happened had you been out of my personal space. : )
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I need personal space in public. It helps me distinguish between someone trying to harm me in some way (like stealing my wallet) and people who are minding their own business.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:57 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I would not have said anything to her, I would have given her the stink eye and stepped back into her way to make it really out of reach. And I would have acted oblivious too :D
    Yes I need personal space in public. If someone is invading it I do what I previously stated. I move into their bubble, subtley so they feel uncomfortable and back up.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:58 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Yes i do!! I hate when people stand two inches away from me in a line.
    Anonymous